Whether you are on a time crunch, experimenting with makeup, or just wanting to achieve that girl next door vibe, the “no-makeup makeup” look is the solution you’ve been looking for.
The no-makeup makeup look is a popular trend that has been around for a while now. It’s a great way to achieve a natural and flawless finish that gives you that “I just rolled out of bed and look THIS good” appearance.
This look is perfect for everyday wear, as it is both understated and elegant. The application is quick and simple which makes it easy for ANYONE to do. It is also a great option for special occasions, as it can help you to look your best without being too over-the-top.
If you don’t know where to start when it comes to replicating this look, open up your social media apps and start scrolling! Platforms like TikTok, Instagram, & YouTube have THOUSANDS of video tutorials that are a great reference when learning where to apply what product. However, watching someone else apply and doing it yourself can be a challenge, but don’t worry. We’ve got you covered!
Below you will find tips & tricks that will help you while searching for the right products, prepping the skin, and applying the makeup that are “need-to-knows” in order to achieve this look.
- Use products that are designed for your skin type. If you have oily skin, choose products that are oil-free and mattifying. If you have dry skin, choose products that are moisturizing and hydrating.
- Use natural-looking colors. You want the look to be as natural as possible, so avoid using too much color. Stick to neutral shades that will flatter your skin tone.
Prepping & Applying:
- Start with a good skincare routine. A good skincare routine influences how the makeup sets on the face and is essential for achieving a natural-looking finish. Make sure to cleanse, tone, and moisturize your skin before applying any makeup.
- Use a lightweight foundation or BB cream. You want to use a product that will even out your skin tone without looking too heavy. A lightweight foundation or BB cream is a good option.
- Concealer is optional. If you have any blemishes or dark circles, you can use concealer to conceal them. If you don’t have these issues, you can skip this step.
- Set your makeup with powder. This will help to keep your makeup in place and prevent it from looking oily. Use a translucent powder that will not add any color to your skin.
- Add a touch of blush. A light application of blush will help to give your face some color and definition. Choose a shade that is close to your natural skin tone.
- Highlight your cheekbones. This will help to create the illusion of a more defined face. Use a highlighter that is one or two shades lighter than your foundation.
- Use a natural-looking mascara. Mascara is a great way to add some definition to your eyes without looking too made-up. Choose a mascara that is black or brown and that will not clump your lashes.
- Lip balm or tinted lip gloss. A touch of lip balm or tinted lip gloss will help to complete the look. Choose a product that is sheer and natural-looking.
Additional tricks to practice during the application process:
- Use a light hand when applying makeup. You want the look to be natural and understated, so don't overdo it.
- Blend, blend, blend! Make sure to blend all of your products well so that there are no harsh lines or demarcations.
We hope these tips will help you easily create the no-makeup makeup look at home. Now you can look and feel your best without having to put in much effort at all (or at least look like you didn’t)!